Thursday, March 15, 2007

Finding Dad....


I promise this is the last time I am going to post something today!!
When we went to the monster truck thing on March 10 we decided to to spend the night. Before we went to the event we checked into our hotel and Chris was looking for something in the phone book and decided that he was going to look and see what POTTERS lived in Pensacola. Well to his surprise he found his dad's name (he has never met his dad). He asked me what he should do. I told him that I would call and just ask the guy if he knew his mom. Well he called the number and got an answering machine. So he left a message. A few hours later the man called back. He knew his mom, had been married to her at one time, but he was told that the baby that she had was not his. His heart dropped. I can only imagine what he was feeling. Going from excitement to who knows what. They talked for a while and then he called his mom to tell her about all of it.


Well the next morning he decided that he wanted to meet Mr. Potter so he called him back and asked him to meet us at the Waffle House across the road from where we were staying. He did. As soon as I saw the man I thought this has to be Chris' dad. They talked for a while and then decided that they were going to get a paternity test done. It is very exciting!! I will let you know what the results are of the test!!


2 lovely comments:

Annette said...

When are they planning to have the patenity test done? I am sure you, Chris and Zach are excitingly waiting.

Wendy said...

I can't believe it! I know Chris has to be excited about it. I hope everything turns out well!!