Thursday, March 15, 2007

Starting off.....

This is new to me but here goes.....my name is Samantha, I am 27 years old. I am married to Chris, he is 28 (will be 29 next month) and we have one son named Zach or Zachary as he sometimes likes to be called. He is 4 and thinks he is 24! He is my baby and I love him to death!! Chris and I have been married for 5 years now and it doesn't seem like we have been together that long.

We have been through a lot in our 5 years of marriage. When Zach was 4 months old I found out that I had cancer. I didn't really cry about it. I just did what I had to do to get better. Everyone around me was worried but I wasn't.....I think it was because I knew that if it was my time to go I was ready to die, ready to go to Heaven. But God decided that I should stay around and see my son grow older. :) I am glad that he did.

A few months after that happened (4 to be exact.) Chris had a wreck in the eighteen wheeler he was driving. I was at work and I will never forget getting the call....I was outside on my break and someone came out and told me that someone from Barnes was on the phone...I was like tell them I will call them back (how dare they mess with my break!) well they said it was really important. I pick up the phone all chipper and say "This is Samantha!" and the lady on the other end says "Samantha this is Becky with Barnes I was calling to tell you that Chris has been in a wreck and you need to get to the hospital." I think I hung up on her and I ran out the door....all the while everyone is following me wondering what the heck is going on. At the time Mom was working at Feaster's too and she stopped me before I got out the door. I had to tell everyone what was going on. Of course I was histerical. We finally make it to the hospital and they don't know who or what I am talking about when I tell them that I am looking for my husband. Which of course upsets me even more. So I call back down to Barnes to see if he was in Monroe County when he wrecked. He was. No one knows where he is!! Finally, an ambulance worker says how old is he? and I say 24 and he's like well ma'am there is someone pinned in a truck on the Ridge Road but I dont think he is going to make it. WHAT!! More crying. Mom calls Dad and he goes to the scene. Then we see Dr. Stallworth and a nurse go out to a waiting police car with a tray of surgical equipment. They are going to cut his arm off!! More crying. This is when I am not really quite sure what all went on after I found out that. I do remember them saying that they cut the truck off of him at one point and they werent going to have to cut off his arm. My mind if blank until I remember seeing him being wheeled in on the stretcher. He looked horrible! Not sure what time it was but I remember them saying that he was going to have to be sent to Mobile. (Oh I did call his mom at some point and told her that he was in an accident and by the time the day was over I was wishing that I hadn't...she told me that I was too emotional.) Enough about that....

Until next time.....

0 lovely comments: