Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Wondering.....

I wonder what it would be like if my Meme were still alive....I bet her and Zach would get along really good. I can just see them playing around. She was always such a great person. I can't believe it has almost been 8 years since she died! It just seems like yesterday. I still sometimes don't think she is really gone. I know that is crazy for me to think that. Hannah and I were talking at Easter about how she used to help us hunt the eggs. Knowing that she was the one that hid them to begin with. haha! She would help me and Hannah would get mad and sit down and not move and she would leave me and go help her. :) I remember that everytime we were leaving her Hannah would have to pick her up. She was so little. That was their thing. :) So sweet. Hannah couldn't have been more than 10 or so when she started doing that. When I think about her though I don't think about what she looked like when she got sick, I think about what she looked like before.

I wrote a thing in college about how I would deal with things if I got cancer and I said that I would never have chemo done because I saw what it did to my Meme. Although mine wasn't as bad as hers I did eat my words 4 years later when I had to start having shots for my chemo. I guess she did it for us, so that she could be with us just a little longer.

I remember too before she got really sick me, her and my mom went to take her to the doctor and we took her to The Olive Garden and she told everyone that we had like 7 meals because they give you the salad, breadsticks, and everything before they actually bring you the meal. It was funny.

I don't know why I was thinking about that today.

0 lovely comments: